The guidelines below are for papers that have been accepted, or accepted subject to revisions, following peer review.
1. Reinstate any information previously removed for blind review
- Author names, affiliations and email addresses;
- Citations of and references to the authors’ own publications;
- Any identifiers appearing within figures that were obscured to conceal the identity of the author(s) and/or their institution(s);
- Funding sources and other acknowledgments.
2. Ensure the paper has been prepared in accordance with IEEE and TALE 2020 style guidelines
If the original paper submitted for review was already prepared using the above MS-Word template, a new copy of the template can be downloaded simply for reference to the guidelines that it contains. Where there are conflicts between the IEEE Citation Reference document and the paper template, the paper template prevails.
If the paper is not formatted correctly, it may be REJECTED by IEEE upload to Xplore. Please use IEEE PDF eXpress to check that you have adhered to the template and guidelines to avoid disappointment!
The conference ID for eXpress is shown in your acceptance letter.
IEEE PDF eXpress allows authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
- Use of any other IEEE templates is not acceptable as there are subtle differences between those templates and the conference template that will affect the consistency in appearance of papers published in the proceedings.
- Do not change the paper size (A4) or margins in the template.
- Headers and footers are empty (no page numbers, etc.) Please remove “XXX-X-XXXX-XXXX-X/XX/$XX.00 ©20XX IEEE” from footer line.
- Formatting of the paper must be done using the pre-defined MS-Word styles in the template, rather than manually. The paper must use all the predefined font styles, sizes etc. as per the template.
Page lengths must fall within the ranges listed below:
- Full paper: 6 – 8 pages
- Short paper: 4 – 6 pages
- Work-in-Progress paper: 2 – 4 pages
3. Complete the final submission checklist
- Checklist for IEEE TALE 2020 Camera-ready Papers (MS-Word)
- Checklist for IEEE TALE 2020 Camera-ready Papers (PDF) for Reference
On the first page of the form, work your way through the checklist and ensure that each requirement has been met.
On the second page, complete the table to show how you have addressed each of the issues/concerns raised by the Program Chairs and reviewers in their feedback.
4. Upload the final submission
The final submission, including both MS-Word and PDF versions of the camera-ready paper as well as the completed checklist form (including responses to Program Chairs’ and reviewers’ comments), should be uploaded to the conference’s online submission system, Conftool. Submissions cannot be accepted via email.
The PDF version must be generated from the MS-Word version.
- As part of the final submission process within Conftool, you will be required to sign an electronic copyright form. If you fail to do this, your paper will not be able to be published in the proceedings or on IEEE Xplore.
- If any of the paper’s authors are employees of the US Government or of a crown government (UK, Canada, Australia), please indicate that this is the case in the “Remarks” field of your submission, providing the relevant details.
- Ensure the title, abstract and keywords entered on the submission form are EXACTLY as they appear in your final paper. (Simply copy and paste from the Word version into the web form.) If there are discrepancies, there may be problems when we attempt to submit your paper to IEEE Xplore.