*** Now fully online ***
iLRN 3D Virtual Campus, powered by VirBELA
8-11 December 2020
TALE is the IEEE Education Society’s premier conference series in the Asia-Pacific region ( http://www.tale-conference.org/ ). It aims to provide a forum for scholars and practitioners to share their knowledge and experience in engineering and technology education, as well as in technology-enabled educational innovation across a variety of academic and professional disciplines. The target audience of the conference is diverse and includes those working in the higher education, vocational education and training (VET), K-12, corporate, government and healthcare sectors.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Embarking on a new era of learning with transformative technologies.” The conference theme challenges us to look anew at how the potential of current and emerging technologies can and/or should be harnessed for education and learning in our ever-changing world.
VIRTUAL EVENT PLATFORM
The iLRN 3D Virtual Campus, powered by VirBELA, is accessible either (a) on Mac/Windows PC desktop mode or (b) using a tethered VR headset (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, Oculus Rift with Link Cable). Whether accessing in desktop or VR mode, the use of headphones is strongly recommended.
Registered participants will be provided with details on how to access the iLRN 3D Virtual Campus application 1-2 weeks before the conference; please note that this is not the same as the “VirBELA Open Campus” application on the VirBELA website.
• Alvin Wang Graylin, China President, HTC
• Prof. Hiroshi Ishiguro, Osaka University
• Dr. Lesley Fletcher, U.S. National Aeronautical and Space Administration (NASA)
• Dr. Satoshi Kitazaki, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Japan
- Engineering Education (University/College)
- Computing & IT Education (University/College)
- STEM Education (K-12)
- Technology-Enhanced Learning
- Open, Flexible & Distance Learning
- Workplace & Industry-Based Learning
- XR and Immersive Learning Environments
Organized in conjunction with the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN)
- Learning analytics for next phase: Empowerment of learning using learning analytics
Organized in conjunction with Learning and Educational Data Science Research Unit (LEDS), Kyushu University
- Preparing the workforce for Industry 4.0: Robotics, automation, and ubiquitous smart technologies in education
Organized in cooperation with Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS)
• Student Research Competition ( http://tale2020.org/student-research-competition/ ) –
Deadline for submission of application with abstract: 31th October 2020
• Workshop on Publishing in the IEEE Education Society journals (under negotiation)
• Workshop on Sharing Experiences of COVID-19 Teaching and Learning (under negotiation)
• Technology and Education in Japan: Research, Practice, and More (under negotiation)
• Virtual Banquet (tentative)
SPONSORING IEEE SOCIETY
IEEE Education Society
IEEE Shikoku Section