Special Track on XR & Immersive Learning Environments
Organized in conjunction with the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN), the Special Track on XR & Immersive Learning Environments at IEEE TALE 2020, will focus on the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR) and related technologies for creating environments and experiences that excite, inspire, and engage learners in immersive ways. Of interest are reports of both research studies and applications covering the entire spectrum of immersive platform types, including desktop, mobile, wearable/head-mounted, and room-based (e.g., CAVE). Authors and presenters are encouraged to think creatively in terms of how they might frame their work to address and accommodate different conceptions of and perspectives on immersion.
- Hirokazu Kato, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Minjuan Wang, San Diego State University, USA
- Ekaterina Prasolova-Førland, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Henry B. L. Duh, La Trobe University, Australia
- Mark J. W. Lee, Charles Sturt University, Australia